Make open episodes permanent

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Karas2016, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Actually with stats matter, feats are going to have some importance so you'd want to go back to get them. I doubt you would have all the feats done prior to the episodes ending. So you'd want to go back and purchase past dlcs for those.
  2. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Im saying if someone want them they should pay for them. They shouldn't get them for free after the promo.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I would agree with this, IF they give legendary something else to compensate for a lost benefit.

Such as increasing the MP discount to 35℅ :p
    • Like x 3
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

no u said rare gear from collections , thats exactly what OP items are .
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Making those two free would give the devs more room for open world content and more sense to finally finish Central City, maybe add Keystone City and make Coast City an actual City and not just an alert. However:

The more free players get for free, the less interesting the subscription gets. If you want open episodes permanently, I'd say do it this way:

Premium players:
    - reimburse every premium player for every episode they bought in marketplace cash

Premium and Legendary players:
    - stop selling the "new" episodes; keep the most actual or the most actual two episodes out of the "open" episodes, making the legendary "early" access really early again and give reason to stay subscribed this way

Legendary players:
    - add 5 free stabilizers to the subscription benefits (without touching the higher quote of fragments per access level)
    - add a "style voucher" to the subscription benefits (token you use to choose one style piece of any style ingame - marketplace- [unless defunct], gender- and the few remaining faction-restrictions excluded - for one of your characters, either account bound or no trade)
    - marketplace discount raised to 25%

All players:
    - add something great to the marketplace everybody wants to get all the marketplace from reimbursements back fast :D Flash/Kid Flash head gear, trunks style slimline pants, MOTU gear set (furry pants, belt, bracers, furry boots, claw style hands and feet), something Harley or Joker or Bats, Poison Ivy legends character -> you know the fan favourites, you read the same forums
    - have ingame votes for styles players want to be added to the marketplace (not to time crapsules) next once every 3 months to make up for the loss of episode sales. Get inspiration of what styles players are really looking for (instead of adding GCPD uniform and MPD uniform and NPC robber/thug gear while wondering about no one buying the new style sets - learn from the past, Daybreak). A game with a huge portion of free content will not survive on stabilizer sales and subscriptions alone.
    - consider a stock market for buying/selling seasonal currencies for marketplace cash instead of directly selling it. That way the "time" invested into the game and the "money" invested into the game will have a way to balance, and each way of "playing" the game can benefit from each other, stopping players from ranting against the "other" side. Ask the Jackster how to do this (Dilithium/Star Trek Online, he already did that before and it works brilliantly there)
    - restructure the marketplace. Allow to buy a one time month or recurring for marketplace cash. Add a lifetime subscription in for marketplace cash. Basically sell everything related to the game for marketplace cash except for marketplace cash itself, cutting Sony/PSN etc. from earning with every subscription sale. Allow subscription to be managed from the log in screen (Yeah, lots of benefits possible this way if only you guys hadn't shelfed the UI revamp....) Also get rid of the loyalty point workaround you did for PS back then, grant marketplace cash like on PC.
    - add "gift" boxes to the marketplace or grant them with every 2500 marketplace cash spent. Tradeable and inside could be a small amount of replay badges or a stabilizer or recovery kit or scanner etc. - something paying players can give away to not currently paying players if they want. Especially around Christmas with so many people in the game having seemingly no real social life you missed out on maximizing. Players who do not have any contact to other players could still open the giftboxes for themselves.

Should work with even increasing income. Should at least work better than the current model. If legendary players still feel like getting the shaft with these added benfits, add one more. Point is: When F2P was added, it was due to the paying players not being enough players to participate in the available content. Now most of the content is outside of the F2P bracket anyway -> to make sense again, the bracket needs to be moved. Isn't even complicated and could be live in 3 months.
    • Like x 1
  6. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Oh I meant rare gears from collections
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

But they won't make many sales on older episodes since players wouldn't need them for gear chasing reasons, I see lots of players who are non tradable with t7 gear, lol.
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

You are only talking about dedicated players, most free2play are not dedicated with their mentality otherwise they would be just like us, I dont think those players will go back and buy those old episodes just for feats, since they had the opportunity in open episodes and didn't take advantage of that, then I would be very confident to say there will be slim chances for sales upon feats farming.
  9. Gimpy Loyal Player

When OE ends those F2P with T7 gear will have a choice to make if they want to continue playing T7 content.
    Purchase the content or sub.

When stats matter hits live and SP are a necessity those without access to lower/older content will also have a choice to make.
    Purchase the content or sub.

The older content isn't just about grinding for gear and DBG will make money on sales of the content or subs.
  10. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

The only way players will buy previous episodes is if you create a new feature related to that content, this example can be unlocking iconic power for hands of fate granting the owner a iconic power from dr. fate, another example is last laugh can unlock the jokers suit for your character to wear, lol.
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

But ftp mentality Is not the same that you would picture most just wanted to be up in the crs, because wouldn't you assume they would have their feats if they was that dedicated during oe?
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

No I wouldn't assume that at all.

I started as a F2P and didn't focus on SP until WM, if they happened great but I wasn't intentionally grinding for them.
    I was subbed and playing as a LM after 2 weeks of starting to play the game. Guess I wasn't as dedicated like you insist players must be.

Where does "dedication during OE" even enter the picture?
    Wearing T7 gear makes F2P "dedicated" in what aspect of the game?

I could create a new character and have that character at T7 in less than 2 weeks, that's not dedication it's just how the game currently works.
  13. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Feats. Unless someone has all feats in an episode, they'll have to get it.
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

If you take the time long or short then you are only dedicated by gear chasing by your story.
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Read in green lol. Validation of my point confirmed.
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Lots of people play past content for a variety of reasons, premiums and subs alike. You're right if the people you're speaking for will stop playing after Open Episodes because they will be in a bind, but from the sound of it those people probably weren't going to spend money on the game anyways, thus not someone DBG wants to try to court.
    • Like x 1
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

Really? Just dedicated to gear chasing?

I was playing both roles and having a blast and SP didn't make or break the ability to get into groups back then.
    A player could have been at the min. req. CR for content and be welcomed instead of shunned and SP were never questioned.

SP didn't matter back then, skill did.
    I remember players taking off gear to prove they had skill over SP back then too.

Players who knew the power-set and had less CR and SP could beat the crap out of players with 10-15 higher CR levels and more SP simply because of the skills they possessed.

SP gave a smaller boost to stats and equipment mods were needed to gain CR back then.
    Most feats happened just because players did content and very few required a lengthy grind.

Skill mattered then, not so much now.

So going with what you've been stating,

the fact that I don't play PvP, LPvE or SM and not grinding to get the SP from those portions of the game,

I'm only interested in grinding for gear.

I guess the fact that I have 203 SP, without doing that excessive feat grinding in that content to prove I'm a "dedicated" player,
    indicates I'm only after the glory of having the highest CR level gear a player can obtain.

In reality ( the dimension you clearly aren't in),,,,
    I'm only interested in completing content and letting the feats happen as a result of a good group performing well together.

Believe it or not, that can actually happen as a result of only using the On-Duty Tab over the last 3 years after getting fed up with those using LFG as a tool for causing dissention among the player-base. I gained more SP doing the QUE than the entire time I ran with leagues or those so called " legends in their own mind" players with the mentality you've been expressing in this thread.
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I wouldn't say stop playing, but just buy the recent ones, and ignore the old ones which is what i was trying to say, they gave the old episodes away for free for a limited time and then extended the time, so why not make it permanent, I have own all episodes to 24 and I dont see the problem.
  19. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

So if they made open episodes permanent where are they going to get the revenue that they are missing out on?
    Premiums are required to spend money to access content (except during the open episodes, which is a "newish" idea, and even that has a purpose to get folks to buy the episodes), it's actually the only thing premiums are "required" to buy. If you made open episodes a forever thing, that's a loss of revenue that they'd have to make up with something... and nothing they have right now would be able to do that.
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I have my sources, I am well aware of my surroundings and all I see is pve cr 165-180 and can't even trade them lol, statistics in this game proves my point as well pve (gear chasing ) is numero uno, now your situation is exactly what it is your situation, it does not mean you fall into that category of dedicated and non dedicated.