Elite firestorm head

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Anxient, Jun 15, 2016.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Can any of one tell me if the color of the flames can be tinted? Also anyone have pics from test server?
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'd like yo know this also. Been wondering since the day it was revealed.
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

• Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

The color cannot be changed on the flame. My league mate got the elite head last night and he showed it off and tried changing the color. Ya cant. Which is disappointing imo. As a quantum toon for my main i wanted to tint the flame blue or white to match my styles and color. Maybe they will consider changing it if we give enough feedback that we want to change the color.
    • Like x 4
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

That's really disappointing. Hopefully the request I made in the testing section will get some traction
    • Like x 3
  6. Pults Loyal Player

You can tint the normal one. I saw a player using a completely black one on test.
  7. raaddd Well-Known Player

Still wish Daybreak would remove the stupid flaming head from FIRE.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea normal can be changed. They showed that on the stream and another league mate of mine had the normal 1 on test today and had it red then yellow then green. Tbh i now think the normal version looks better simply because u can change the color. Idky we cant tint the elite 1. Im sure there is some technical reason. But all the other animated glowing pieces in the game for style u can change the color. Im also curious to see what happens when u try to turn it cosmic.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pults Loyal Player

Well, you can use the cosmic material on it. Although I doubt that's the most feasible option to go for.
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

If u look at the head on elsuians stream and the 1 they showed on that stream reveal they dont look the same either. The stream 1 had a flame that came to a point. Like a candle flame. The 1 elsuain showed and my league mate showed me looks like the same amount of fire with the width and length just going straight up. Idky it changed. 1 on the stream looked a lot better imo.
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

That is a bummer. It makes no sense that they would lock the color. I hope they change it so you can tint it.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have no intention of even trying to get this piece because I don't do elite content. That being said, I'll happily get behind any campaign to get this changed because it's just not right. Even the fire powers in-game use more than one colour of flame. Plus, an elite piece that's less customizable than the normal piece? Bizarre.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I want it tintable so I can make an atomic skull villain character and color it orange. #amiriteguys? #toosoon?

(Don't kill me Mak, I swear, it's in jest.)
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I talked to the team about this request. In creating the firestorm head style, we had to make a call based on our tech to make the fire look, well, good and *not* be tintable, or to make the fire look not great and have it be tintable. In this case, what we could do with the tintable version was pretty limited, so we went with this untintable version.

We do understand the desire for customization, and are keeping it in mind.
    • Like x 11
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

When put that way, I totally understand. At least the normal version is, so we have that. :)
  16. BumblingB I got better.

That's an interesting choice to choose from. I'm assuming it has to do with grouping points in the head. So it stays centered on the skull. I am surprised it can't be tintable, but at least fire based characters would be happy.
    • Like x 1
  17. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thanks for the info and response. It sucks that a choice had to be made between the two.
  18. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Why not offer both styles once you unlock the gear, one tintable and one with quality.
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Ask if its possible to make a tintable variant that drops off Vandal Savage.
    • Like x 2
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Can it be turned cosmic if u have the material or is it locked for the same reasons?