High cr - lower fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doctor Sheldon Cooper, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Doctor Sheldon Cooper New Player

Okay, DC Universe Team. Here my official question:

Please tell me how to earn marks now with cr 134. I can play the new alert once a day, the T7 duo and the New Genenis daily. Nothing more. All other possibilies to earn marks can just be played once a week. Otherwise I have to buy replay marks so I pay 2 € for a Bombshell (BP) replay every time. That's not a good idea for making players happy who have a higher cr. And the loot of the new alerts seem to be an absolute joke. Is that the new strategy to let the player pay more and more when they get a higher cr? No wonder that no ppl are online all the time.
    • Like x 1
  2. buddah Well-Known Player

I am in the same boat you are in. I normally just run the 3 duos, alert, and the new T7 solo. I also only reset the elite alert. It gives me more time to work on my other toons so it doesn't bother me too much
    • Like x 1
  3. Doctor Sheldon Cooper New Player

Yes, you are right, you can use your time for other things, but it's not the sense of an online game. To reward high cr ppl like this isn't fair and this is the reason why many player leave the game for a week after they finished the alerts. It makes no fun in this way now.
    • Like x 1
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

Transition is often used but we are really caught inbetween changes. As this unfolds it kight just be a decent system.
  5. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

I've been buying my gear off the vendor for my 2 characters (I'm not fussed about elite gear, it's not essential) then maxing my marks and after that I have nothing to do so I went back to ESO for a few weeks between episodes, I'm slowly losing interest in the game to be honest and ESO has a dlc later this month :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

There are 3 T7 duos and 3 alerts in your relevancy window (AoD, Fatal Exams, Desecrated Cathedral) and 2 daily solos (New Genesis and the new one, Oa Under Siege.) And you can get one mark from the vault, of course.
    • Like x 2
  7. Xanoth Dedicated Player

As above, once you hit 136 you'll lose access to AoD, so that's worth keeping in mind if you get lucky with elite drops (I've not seen anything other than 112 from the elite personally).

1 from vaults, 4 MoV from solos, 6 MoV from duos, 15 MoV from alerts, without considering MoV that might turn up as loot rewards.

Considering the cost and limited selection of new loot that was added with this episode 26 MoV per day is plenty.

Edit: Also if you're online for ~6 hours a day (even if most of that is afk), you'll get another mark from a lockbox.
  8. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

not anymore, it's 137 now which is max cr for this episode.
  9. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Not any more what?

They are 134, they don't have the issue of AoD dropping out of relevancy yet and I did warn about that.

Getting to 136+ does require drops from the elite alert though, and it seems a point of contention that the elite alert doesn't drop much other than lots of 112 gear).

Edit: for the sake of wanting to use this meme...
    [IMG]

I kinda enjoyed the early/old game more, with or without GU47's interference. There is some good content design up here, but something feels missing compared to the earlier experiences.
  10. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

they announced the dropoff is going to be raised to 137, pretty sure I heard Trex say it on last night's sourcecast.
  11. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Ah, nice. I'd hoped they would address the issue, but had yet to hear anything about it.

It's still showing 135 on live, but I'd imagine it's a quick fix for them so should be addressed before it's an issue to anyone that isn't spamming replays on the elite.
  12. Prosser Dedicated Player

It went on PC test last night.
    • Like x 1
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

Just read about the change to add Thrones and AoD back.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

Every time it's the same thing, devs keep missing the relevancy Window, then when we have 12 pieces, it's another problem as sometimes it might be more small group than large, or the other way around.
  15. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Good stuff. Thanks :)

AoD, FE, DCn that's 15 from alerts (at 135 or below on live, TOTD is also relevant at 135 on live and as above 137 once test update goes live).

There is also the apok commander, a joke of a bounty it may be, but it gives 2 MoV I think.
  16. Xanoth Dedicated Player

The whole currency consolidation/relevancy window still irks me too, but as long as they are fixing it so we at least have that 12 I'll not proclaim doom and gloom about GU47 even if I still want to :p
  17. ErnieB Loyal Player

I read about the change after I replied to you, and the bounty is only 1 mark plus gear or chance at a second mark.
  18. Xanoth Dedicated Player

LOL that bounty gets worse the more I look at it.

Weekly Raid Bounty, worse reward than daily solo. That deserves an award.