"Dcuo is dying" Reviving ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

Contagious Stat clamp? (Gank someone below level 30 and you get stuck with their stats until you die... ?)
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That would actually make an interesting game mode. It's sort of like how some old FPS games had it set up so when you kill someone, you get their gun. Instead of taking someone's gun in this, you take their stats and loadout. Upon respawn you get your own again.
    • Like x 1
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

They could do this with a simple "warning" interface to the choices they used to have on character creation.

For example:

Would you like your character to spawn in the PvE Phase or the PvP Phase?

Choices : PvE or PvP

Player picks PvE : Interface pops up : You have chosen to spawn into the PvE phase, in this phase you cannot be attacked by other players unless your PvP flag is turned on or you are participating in a duel. After reaching level 10, you may switch to the PvP phase and switch back to the PvE phase at will by using the phase shifter located in the middle area of your HQ.

Are you sure you would like to spawn into the PvE Phase?

Player picks PvP : Interface pops up : You have chosen to spawn into the PvP phase, in this phase you may be attacked by other players of the opposite faction at any time. It is recommended that as a new player, you began questing in the PvE phase to prevent griefing. After reaching level 10, you may switch to the PvE phase and switch back to the PvP phase at will by using the phase shifter located in the middle area of your HQ.

Are you sure you would like to spawn into the PvP Phase?

I'm not sure why they haven't thought of implementing something like this instead of just removing the option completely.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

A good chunk of this game's population can't read if I were to bet. Have you ever tried running the spring seasonal with someone who can't see the text explaining how to beat Swamp Thing? From a business perspective this may have just made more sense. Because then you still need to deal with newbies being butchered by high levels. Just explaining the phase shifter would have been good enough.
  5. OGM_Madness New Player

Is there any way to graph the decline on user activity since release? Maybe detailed by GU? Perhaps a graph like this exists?

I stopped playing last year and recently (2 months ago) I bought a hardcore DCUO friend a copy of the game I'm currently playing and the following 2-3 days he quits DCUO, deletes it from his PS4 and haven't played since. Never heard him say "Wow" with such excitement from him playing DCUO, the way he did playing the new game (not going to advertise). As much as I used to love DCUO, the game has a terrible player retention due to the bugs and game/income design. Most of the decision since last year have been strange and for the worst (implement a Guild system that actually killed many leagues out there, including mines).

If you want a "way" to revive DCUO, you should start by finding ways to retain current players and give ample reason to bring old players back. When the game is ready, give old players a free month and watch some of them fall in love all over again.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fies Committed Player

Fix content. Just had the pleasure of an 80min run on my alt (CR58) in Arkham Asylum. 6kk dmg dealt. In AA...
    As a new player I just would be gone.
    • Like x 4
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

How about restoring the crafting system?
    • Like x 1
  8. Kharhaz Committed Player

For me, give my Earth character the update it deserves and stop ******* about with it. Every so called "buff" Earth has got is nothing but a piss take compared to every other power in the game.
    • Like x 2
  9. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Seeing as how both pve and pvp operate on the same mechanics, the above statement seems silly.. And if you are a good pvp player, you will more than likely be a good pve player.
    However, if you are a good pve player, you can still be a garbage pvp player. But in all honesty, i see bad ideas one after another all day on this forum. This one, in my opinion, is by far the worst.
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Really the earth still needs a lot! Mainly in the tank!
    Even the DPS still has many shortcomings ...:(
    • Like x 2
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They hardly operate on the same mechanics at all, especially considering there's multiple modes of PvP and various different types of objectives in PvE. Especially given the top tier PvP metagame versus the high end PvE meta game (SM in particular).
  12. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Since pvp utilizes melee, blocks, block breaks and lunges and PVE UTILIZES BLOCKS, BLOCK BREAKS, and L U N G E ( sm, NGN first boss, HH ELITE, LASHINA) its readily apparent that pvp and pve have nothing in common. *sarcasm*
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, except the meta game for how to best utilize counters is very different at high levels, which if you bothered reading my comment you might have realized that's what I said. What you're saying is that driving in a Formula 1 race is the same thing as driving a bus. Yea, you're in a vehicle going somewhere, but that's about where the similarities stop.

As an example blocking for a few seconds in PvE is a way to mitigate damage. Blocking in PvP in high levels for even a second is a good way to take a crap ton of damage. Staying at range is a thing in PvE. Trying to sit back and ranging in PvP gets you eaten alive by anyone with working retinas and a knowledge of how counters work. Lunging is one of the only really things that's a somewhat common link between the two and even then in PvE it's generally the same person, the tank, who lunges as they're typically the only one in melee range, meanwhile in PvP it heavily depends on group composition.

Not to mention counter immunity acts differently between players and NPC's, and there's no feints in PvP equivalent to those found in PvE.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ken Spartan Committed Player

I like the game, but it's boring. I think it's the repeating missions daily.
    The Watchtower feels lame, we need something to spice it up weekly, like headquarter invasions, where someone like Doomsday manages to break in, and begins wreaking havoc. The combat is awful, since when does someone blocking make you fall on your ***, and take damage? What kind of game pulls that bs?
    • Like x 1
  15. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Rivalry and Revenge System - Player can enter a rivalry with another player, or be mortal enemies, and have it listed in their character history tab as part of their rogue gallery. When a player is taken down, they are given the chance to hunt down their enemy, and defeat them in turn. (Too much of this will set up a rivalry (6 continuous battles), or a mortal enemy, depending on faction alignment)

Traveling Combat - You no longer are slowed when hit, and instead enter into traveling combat engaging you enemy, while still traveling across the map. (Ex. A speedster catches up to a low flying skimmer, and they begin fighting throughout the city. You lock on to the enemy player, and use thee right stick to guide your travel, while you use the modified combat system to throw punches and kicks, or hit them with power moves for more damage) (Feel free to add some idea for the combat system)
    More Emotes

Split Martial Arts into different styles, or Change it too mixed martial arts and mix in several martial arts moves, while also creating individual weapons out of each martial arts form.

Pets in the Marketplace that assist in combat

Hard Mode for open world or level scaling for open world

Black Lantern Doomsday in WOTL pt 3 (Seriously, I can't be the only one who thinks that'd be bad ***)

Black Lantern Halloween War - Re-live the Blackest Night as you fight off hordes of Black Lanterns to prevent them from wiping out all of existence.

Can fight the random enemy encounters, though really tough for even T6 characters, for a feat (Ex, Randomly encountered Batman can be fought to defeat by villains)

Bounties on specific player characters - Your mentor/ an ally NPC informs you of a bounty on a random enemy player (on your server that is online) from the other faction, and you have to catch them. (You're notified when a bounty has been placed) (Pvp world) (rewarded marks of valor) (adds a cat and mouse system too the game, and encourages open world pvp play)

New Personality types, like Calm, Peaceful, Cool, Arrogant, or Brutal.

Power Leveling - adding more power points to a power to slightly boost it, or even extent its limit, like boosting super strength to lifting a building for example, or planet buster levels of strength.

Lantern chest symbols to wear with other styles

Mentor Chest Symbols

Free symbol placement

Armor and styles showing progressive damage as the character loses more health, or their armor (or bones) break (Both NPCs and Players)

The New UI

Eye styles or better eyes (Because our characters (males mainly) looks beady eyed, like our choice in the color only matter when we have emissive eyes, since our eyes are barely noticable without it)

Santa fight in the christmas event for villain, and jack frost or yeti fight for heroes

Able to play music in our bases that we upload to a playlist (Seriously, they get too quiet)

Epic Combat (People with Super Strength being able to send others flying into buildings) (Next Gen. Only)

More Mentors for heroes and villains

Mentor Exclusive skills or powers

No invisible walls in the main world (being able to fly from Gotham to Metropolis, or from either to space) (Next Gen. Only)

Limited Space Exploration

Faction Switching (Fights Mentor as part of betrayal)

New Faction: Neutral, or Rogue/Bounty Hunters - Only seek to benefit themselves, but can occasionally help either the heroes or villains. (Mentors; Meta: Lobo, Tech: Catwoman, Magic: (Insert name))

A storyline after Brainiac that covers the aftermath

More Iconic powers

The ability to challenge NPC Heroes and villains to combat in the Watchtower, or Hall of Doom

Metas not being dependent on armor, but instead have their bones broken over time, and needing healing. Techs relying heavily on armor, which breaks after a while. Magic users having a mixture of both elements of Meta and Tech.

The Blow Kiss Animation too not look like something that only a woman would do (Seriously, lol, I see why guys normally refrain from it. Hell, I remember a glitch where, after the animation, the character would strike the female powerful stance for a sec)

Mentor Fighting (because who doesn't want to have a Nightwing-like rebellion)

A lot more hair styles (Seriously, they're so stereotypical looking and limited)

A Character Story tab, so that we can describe our characters' histories, allowing for more of a feeling of depth.

Sidekick Customization, and powers (limited)

Mentor boosts in the iconic power tree (To actually add the feeling of having a mentor, rather than one or two missions)

More power points, so we could fully master our powers, rather than sit there with only certain abilities.

More Weapons, like nunchuks or whips (please bring whips)

More freedom with character creation (Ex. Fat body builds, and the ability to scale the body, face, arms, head, and legs to your choice of size)

New Clothing styles (Ex. Hooded leather jackets, hooded vests, boxing hand and foot wraps, Pirate clothing, Mascot outfits, Football padding and helmets, Motorcycle helmets and armor, prisoner jumpsuits, police uniforms, goth clothing, stoner clothing (no weed leaf, just the red, green, and yellow flag, and the beanie with dreads), beanies, and various other modern styles that aren't in-game), so that we can fully flush out our secret identities.

Lobo in LEGENDS

New combats physics, like critical hits showing an animation of spit or a bit of blood flying out of the victim's mouthor at least better timed break outs. (Ex. While you're blocking is the only time you can be block broken, not three hits after)

Parkour Variant for Acrobatics
    • Like x 1
  16. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

Id like to see less auras. Its getting ridicuolous, clearly auras are esier to make than market place styles, but its been so long now theres really no excuse. There have been no styles added to the MP or even Lockbox styles for that matter for years (actual years not even an exagerration)

The accessories slot could be used for so much more but there doesnt seem to be anyone even attempting to create something different for it. Its a wasted opportunity and sadly wasted opportunities are something weve seen on a reguar basis in game. Id also like to see less "arena" raids, save that stuff for survival mode. Labyrinth and hall of hades were so creative, different and didnt reuse old content.

I love the game, im still subbed but like my league ive been playing eso (which has its faults too, poor style system, lack of text chat etc) and Arkham knight of course is now occupying my free time over any mmo. These new releases have come at a time while dcuo has been transitioning into a new model so i can understand why people are getting frustrated, much like when a comic book gets a new creative team, many can see it as a jumping off point. Right now they need to do a few videos about upcoming content, they need to generate some excitment from their players if they want to retain them before its too late.
    • Like x 1
  17. AllanPage Committed Player

Its already too late. All they do now is break powers and "fix" it in later patches. They aren't competitive any more. DCUO is unfortunately in hands of an incompetent Dev team that just wants to squeeze your pocket. Most if not all the original devs and designers have left the company.

Offtopic: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SOE
  18. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Well, you use big words, so you must assumingly in some way thing your idea is good..so, in simpler words, i'll just say one last time....IT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA. No offense, but it's bad.
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

If you think those are "big words", you really need to pick up a book sometime.
    • Like x 3
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

If you can't understand SIMPLE PVP chat then you should just avoid the conversation with Enquirer all together.
    • Like x 1