Kicking a disconnect

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PolishEagle, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I've seen many times where we would be in a raid and one of our team members has to leave for some reason. "go to work or sleep or something" The player than exits the game and turns there computer off. However, their character will still be in the raid linkdead. This is no issue because we would just kick the player from the group, replace and continue. Now this is going to be a 10minute ordeal waiting for the LINKDEAD timer to expire? I say nay!
  2. HersheyKiss New Player

And if a player cant even log out properly why should 7 of us have to sit there for 10mins with our thumbs up our butt? Im with ya on the whole positive work 2gether thing. But my experience with this gaming community is the people who actually want to work 2gether are rare at best. Theres already how many people that are outright saying they will exploit and take advantage of the kick being gone? People are aholes and they are gonna do what they wanna do. People rarely change in real life so how the devs think this is going to change people on a video game idk. The kick being gone will just mean more aholes messing with people.

The issue i have is its less than 1% of the playerbase complaining about being kicked and they make a change bcuz of those people. What about the other 99% of us? Its amazing that some people say catering to the minority is bad when they talk about elite raids but when it comes to this issue those same people love the removing the kick option. That right there tells me all i need to know about the community of dcuo. Most players care about themselves and themselves only and removing the kick wont change that. It will actually make things worse. And funny how they say they want feedback on this topic and theres how many threads and posts now about it and overwhelmingly the feedback is its a bad idea. That should be enough right there for them not to do this. But ofc they will go ahead with it anyway. Real smart decision devs.
    • Like x 1
  3. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

The lack of kicking will potentially mean that when forming a group or joining one, there will be people seeking the highest cr possible to ensure completion of instances as gear allegedly shows proof of completing content (which arguably many do anyway). People with at least minimal recommended combat ratings will struggle to progress as a result. This could be quite damaging for newer players (New blood = more money) and the game as a result.

I can understand why the devs chose to remove kicking, but I'm not sure removing it entirely will resolve the issues it was generating. Anonymous votes and a confirmation button would have at least lessened the abuse and placated most players. There needs to be room for compromise.
  4. EP Ice Loyal Player

A linkdead person is not part of the team if they are not coming back. If you know someone dc'd and is definitely coming back then I understand but if someone rage quits and you know for sure that they did rage quit then why should the group have to wait 10min? I am definitely on board with the encouraging team work philosophy but the OP's post is pretty legit and could cause some serious grief.
    • Like x 1
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have seen players simply Rage Quit and than we stuck with them for 10 minutes. That is CRAP!

Link dead players should be removed from the instance, instantly or allow kicking.
    • Like x 1
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Not if he doesn't come back.
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Which is why I'm expecting "kick enthusiasts" to create that sort of grief willfully in order to gain leverage for demanding their "kick" back here on the forums ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

Sadly, you speak the truth.
  9. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Ive been around since The ps3 beta, and the game didnt have a kick feature for a least a year or two, and i and everyone else managed easily to do raids, sure theres a little waiting and such but its a mmo, that comes with the territory.

Im glad they have removed it, i was in a pug last week, and i eas kicked for a reason unknown to me, i dont talk on headset with pugs or type so im guessing they wanted a mate in or something for last boss.

Either way, happy its gone.
  10. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

But what is they had to stop playing say internet cut out or power maybe even real life responsibilities or they tell the group their leaving and just switch the console off and not disconnect properly that leaves everyone stuck.
  11. Kal~el Committed Player

How is a link dead person still a part of your team? Other than the fact the game keeps them there? That has to be one of the most rediculous statements I have heard.

If they are not active they are not part of the team.
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

This will only enforce new methods of elitism. Now people will start discriminating off system, SP, CR, etc. People will start wavedoxing more.

A new ERA of elitism may be upon us. You cant even pug anymore.
    • Like x 1
  13. Supergirly Dedicated Player

To the people that say you can run it with your league. What if your league mate goes Link Dead too? Just cause they are in a league does not mean they have better internet, are not pulled away randomly, or rage quit an instance. League runs are not infallible, no matter how much you wish it.

I would say that the group leader should have the power to kick a link dead person, if anyone.
  14. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I have been around since I preordered 2 copies of the game a month before beta (bought gf the batman statue copy). I dont remember linkdead in those early days holding groups up. What I do remember is it was hard too find groups that wouldnt glitch kahn or inner. And yes the other reason I have kicked someone is for glitching.

If you read what this thread is about, its about removing the linkdead feature if we cant kick. I would raid this week if they did that. I dont kick people for many reasons.
  15. winter13 New Player

I think this will obviously help with the immediate vote kick when someone disconnects. "Back in my day" we used to wait to see if a player that DC'd was coming back, before getting a replacement. In today's DC, as soon as someone disconnects there is an immediate vote to kick them from the group. Great job devs...I support this experiment, and hope it leads to positive changes in the vote kicking system.
    • Like x 1
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I think the majority of the population assesses each situation properly when they see a disconnect.
  17. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I agree with you on that. The first thing we do it wait a minute. Then someone will say. "Is he coming back?" That is followed by, "Let's give him another minute." By the four minute marker, people are saying, "I have a league mate that can take that spot." Then the /kick option is used. Five minutes is enough time for a random reboot to get someone back in. (even on the slowest computer) Waiting ten minutes is a little much.
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Player should excuse or leave the q and than shut down....

Raging quitting is another story....
  19. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Players should block when there is a giant skull over Carols head and should know to throw pot as well.
    • Like x 3
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

we kicked a linkdead healer, so something is off about this.