Bored of DCUO. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by zebrabutt714, Feb 4, 2014.

1. zebrabutt714 New Player

I've played DCUO for about half a year and I've gotten bored of it yet I still love it. I've been looking for new ways to play it. I've played it with hero and villain. Ice, Mental, Gadgets. PvP and PvE. Any suggestions on how to make it fun again?
  2. LL New Player

Take a break play another game then come back. :)

I still find it fun and been playing since beta. I don't play all the time though, and I am never top tier right off.
    • Like x 2
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

Well if rolling new characters or running older content isn't cutting it for you, perhaps find some other games to play in the mean time? :) Its what I do when I become bored with the game or just can't find other tasks to do on it (and its not a bad thing). Watching TV or movies is also a great option. Even reading books! Take a break and when you come back, the game feels interesting again.
    • Like x 2
  4. melvinpox Devoted Player

Try playing while holding your breath. Or standing on your head. Or with your eyes closed.

I find these twists give the game an entirely different feel.
    • Like x 5
  5. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Whenever you disconnect, do a shot of Tequila.
    • Like x 7
  6. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

No1 should ever drink that much...lol.
    • Like x 4
  7. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Get goal oriented instead of process oriented. Play content to acquire feats and set goals that get you thinking less about doing the same thing over and over, and more about the reward of doing it. When I log in, I think - What can I accomplish in two hours? What Feats are out there for me that I can probably finish? What styles do I need to finish sets, and what do I have to run to get those styles? What Collections do I need? Where do I find them?, etc. I typically feel pretty good if I can get a new piece of gear, a new Skill Point, unlock a new Legends character, etc., or attain some quantifiable measure of progress before I power down for the night. Another key is not playing 12 hours a day so that when you're on, you can maximize and enjoy your time.
    • Like x 1
  8. Yui Loyal Player

I'm actually in the same boat as you. LOL! I'm getting bored of it. The only thing that keeps me from taking a break is my league. Yep. They're a fun group of people to hang out with. And there's also grinding feats. I know it sounds boring but might as well do it since I already got this far, and also because they're making feats purchasable on alts, and also because Spytle or Mepps or some developer (can't remember) said that they're doing something to skill points so yeah.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kroye Loyal Player

Have you tried RP?
  10. Mont New Player

disconect internet service for 2 months, go into withdrawl...... pay bill , go nuts catching back up
  11. zebrabutt714 New Player

I've thought about it but don't really know how... probably sounds stupid but I don't fully understand it
    • Like x 1
  12. zebrabutt714 New Player

I've taken breaks (few months) tried WoW, Defiance, GTA5 and several other games but they weren't as good as DCUO. I made a league a few months ago but now its dead.. :(
  13. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

It's really fun when you can find a group of people that also enjoy it. I do, personally. Basically, you created a character to match your own desire to be a hero/villain. Gave them powers you'd like to have. Movement mode and stance and body structure etc. your character is in essence and extension of yourself to a degree. To RP, all you need to do is give that character a personality. This game gives you the tools you need to live an entirely different life vicariously through your character. RPing is simply living it. How would your toon speak? Walk? RPing is becoming something other than yourself :) give it a shot you might like it. If you're on USPS server I'd be happy to RP with you. We can create out own story. Run content for our own reasons. Your limit is your imagination!
    • Like x 1
  14. Mermaid Dedicated Player

You should just take a break and then come back anytime you feel like.
    • Like x 1
  15. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

Well if I was a professional this statement does not belong with the rest. Maybe you should use the league thread and find a new league.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I catch up on prayer time and practicing my music when im bored.
    Balances me out mentally and spiritually. Scratch mentally.. oboe and english horn are the bane of my existence... besides Mont.
    • Like x 1
  17. Gman2071 New Player

I jioned 2011 november . played a little 2012 with only ONE hero . From 2013 heroes & villains now around 18 Characters .
    they changes in the game helps BUt the best ......is the OTHER players chat , or type say hello .
    also take a break fora few months , come back . see the changes . even from 2013 to now 2014 ( 2014 . 05.02 ) easy game play to get to lvl 30 . enjoy stay safe take it easy
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Stalker ain't the only random chance encounter anymore... Harvester. Yet Stalker can arrive anywhere at any time, but Harvester is limited to only one mission type.
    http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 came out Nov 20th (update 11) and http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0 is coming soon.
    I've not yet done a Nightmare Mode Survival mission.... still building up the strength of my many Tenno and many weapons.
    Doing some Void missions lately trying to get a http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fleeting_Expertise mod....
    /imagines DCUO utilizing power efficiency mods.... hmmmm. nope, they'd never do it.
  19. Failia New Player

I still follow the DCUO forums and my league forums but I'm currently on break from DCUO for a few weeks/months. I let my membership lapse while playing some single player games. I've got oodles of them from Steam sales so I have to make sure it's worth while in paying for them ;)

But I always come back!
  20. zebrabutt714 New Player

Someone else mentioned leagues, I was just replying to their statement.