Comic Art base items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Apr 29, 2020.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Didn’t see comic covers the past couple of episodes (and was hoping for some Crisis covers during the anniversary). Any chance of a return to those? I’ve devoted a base just for displaying the ones I like

Maybe make a vendor that you keep adding all sorts of covers to - not necessarily episode related. Could be a use for Legends marks. I’m still disappointed we missed this classic during Deluge:

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  2. an81angel Well-Known Player

Personally, I am glad they stopped dropping the comic covers base items. I hope they don't add them into the game ever again. I want REAL base items (sofas, chairs, tables, potted plants, doors, windows, pets, etc.). Comic covers as base items are cheap, ugly and a waste of space in my inventory and bases. Copy-N-Paste the graphics designed by someone else (decades ago) and slap it on a digital frame for your house, LAME. It's unoriginal, pointless, and pathetic.
    • Like x 4
  3. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

DC game will have a population of comic readers, who appreciates them.

They could make them slightly less ubiquitous in drops if that's the concern. Every episode has a few items that drop very frequently. Titan episode had pizza boxes.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I love the comic posters!
    • Like x 5
  5. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

It's possible you might be playing the wrong game.

While the classic posters appeal to me more than the current (the exception being the Detective 1000 posters, because they were meant to represent all the different eras), the posters are some of my favourite offerings in base items.

The Nick Cardy Aquaman cover that EconoKnight posted above was definitely my favourite of the Aquaman posters you gave us (although I appreciate that others prefer the more current ones).

Frankly I just love the fact that I have this hanging in my base.

[IMG]

I've always loved that cover by Bernie Wrightson...and the Detective 1000 Bernie Wrightson Batman was just icing.
    I love that I have a Frank Miller Batman & Robin hanging in my base.
    I love that I have a Neal Adams Superman hanging in my base (though I was a bit surprised you didn't use this one).

[IMG]

I always thought that that was the most "iconic" Neal Adams Superman cover. That being said, I prefer the one you gave us.

[IMG]

As far as I'm concerned, whether it be in-game or on the marketplace, classic comic covers are very very welcome additions.

Here's a couple of my favourites from when I was a kid (in case you're looking for suggestions).

[IMG]

[IMG]

The former by by Michael William Kaluta; the latter by Brian Bolland.
    They're both still kicking around and both are still producing beautiful work.
    Neither of the stories inside were particularly fantastic...but the introduction to Doctor Destiny paid off later on for me when I started reading Neil Gaiman's "Sandman".

Let me hang these on my walls and I'll love you forever.

In this regard...anything at all would really be greatly appreciated.
    I bought my last legends skin right around the time the BvS posters were "permanently" added, thinking I'd be able to buy those with marks of legend.
    Had I known they'd be removed, I wouldn't have claimed that skin and would have had at least some prestige able to be added to the league; but I've been maxed at marks of legend with nothing to buy for so long now.

Something I actually want, like classic comic covers, could give me an incentive to run LPVE perhaps again.
    Anything at all to purchase would be highly appreciated.

So for those who don't like comic covers, rest assured that they do continue to give us plenty of sofas, chairs, tables, potted plants, doors, windows, pets and etc.
    The covers I posted above are the reason I'm here in the first place.
    • Like x 4
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Don't beat about the bush... just say what's on your mind. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

absotively posilutely, yes X a gazzilion. classic covers are a must! some Adams, Kirby, Kubert, Cardy, Ditko, Aparo. oh, all the hells to the yes!!!
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Complaining about comic cover base items in a DC game? I'd do you one better and complain about the opposite that I think there's a huge deficit of comic covers in DCUO so there lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. an81angel Well-Known Player

I like comics, been collecting them since I was 9. That doesn't mean I want to have a base littered with them. I want my base to represent MY hero, not a bunch of old comics. The point of this game is to Be Your Own Hero, and fight beside the classic icons.
    • Like x 1
  10. an81angel Well-Known Player

DC needs more DC content, sure, but why does it have to be comic covers. Would you buy comic covers (no actual comic) IRL, or would you want the full comic? Playing/paying for this game that gives loot of an empty shell of a comic is dumb. That's like saying, "Yay, I got a picture of a really cool story, but I don't actually want/need/care about the really cool story. I just want one picture of it. That's good enough for me." roflmao
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

It would be nice if we had a Comic's Art Vendor that sells Comic Art posters, paintings, statues, ect; they could be similar to the Style Vendors that the HQ's currently have.:D
    • Like x 4
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, if your list of desired items is any clue...I'll tell you I have comic art hanging in my actual home and not a single potted plant...or a sofa, for that matter.
  13. Megzilla Developer

Are you more interested in the older comic book covers, or current ones? I can see if we can throw a couple in in the future, on top of our other base items.
    • Like x 6
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Both.
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Being ancient, myself, I prefer nostalgia, but if newer stuff is appealing, that's fine, too.

The Metal covers were a bit more on the depressing side than I'd prefer. I'd rather see DC's sillier side, or at least classic side.

Also, making the non-Large sized ones still tending toward large-ish, would be nice. They should be very visible, which in retrospect all those little posters sold on the marketplace really weren't very much.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ice Lynx Dedicated Player

It does exist in-game, though black and white. Or did you mean colored version? :oops:

[IMG]

On topic, I'm okay with posters but not too many. The only use I have for them is decorating a league hall, they don't really fit in my bases :oops:
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Please both but if we have to choose older classic would be nice thanks :)
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Colored version is cool but I like to think the b/w one was some rare artist sketch that happened to fall off a security truck ;)
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I had completely forgotten the black and white version was in there. But yeah, I would only want color; and that may be why the black and white version didn’t even make a memory with me.