Is this game under risk of dying?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Velaethia, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Lord Brutality Active Player

This game will never die...... are people dumb, or just really want to see the downfall of this game that will never happen in years.

This MMO has what many others dont have backing it.....

An entire Comic Book Legacy and Movies being released about the games Universe.
    ---------------------------
    * Anime DC movies are released every Year. Some are PG-13 & R rated. An are better then the movies Suicide Squad : Hell To Pay 2018.

* One ore Two DC Movies are released every year or other. Aquaman & The New Joker Movie with Jacques Phoenix looks good.

* DC Comic TV shows: The Flash, DC Legends Of Tomorrow, Arrow, Wonder Woman.

* An DC comics are still being produced.

As long as DCUO continues having these factors back up the game. Intentionally or not; DCUO will always get recognition as a game you can play in the DC Universe as well with others. Can watch the movies, anime, or TV shows, or read the comic. Pick up the game an make a character that plays like someone you admire from those sources in the game. Fly around, use superspeed, act like The Flash or act like Arrow & Aquaman.

Game is going no where. Argument needs to die.
    • Like x 5
  2. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Every game is at risk of dying. Anything can happen. Enjoy it while you can while it’s up, and don’t worry about the nonsense.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lamiawitchprincess Level 30

Tbh this game should die however should be replaced with a better version when it cones to background,frames,images. Just like wow should be allowed to die so wow 2.0can be made. There comes a point where addong dlcs,expansions becomes just the same o same o and with how old things get with the refusing of taking a break from story arcs and update customization, world, buildings etc that it puts you to sleep
  4. Saami Loyal Player

Hard question. Sometimes MMOs stays alive even with akwardly low population.

Lowest population MMO that i have tried usually had around 50-100 players online total. Im sure lot of people would call that dead. Even when it is very much alive.

44 players online total atm. Just checked. Too low population for me tbh.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sounds like fake population numbers unless youre going around counting folks in the HQs which youre counting folks in your phase. Steam numbers are barely true since it counts only those who use Steam and not those who use the Launcher straight from the website. It also doesnt include the PS4 players so 44 people online is truly a false statement. Now if thats 44 people on your friends list, thats clearly not the whole of the population.
    • Like x 1
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I can agree with this, because I run PC as a stand alone program...hence with steam so, my account wouldnt be counted.
    • Like x 2
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

He never mentioned those numbers are from DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Not trying to speak for others, but I think whats being said is: to not draw an early conclusion on limited/incomplete data to decide if the player base is too low, for personal gameplay needs. Steam numbers show how many steam accounts have and use DCUO. He drew a conclusion, with obviously thinking he had adequate proof the population was too small. It doesnt matter if he said the numbers were from DCUO or not.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I think this game will be just fine and in time I'm sure it will Advance in certain area's.
  10. Saami Loyal Player

That population was from official website. Im not fooling around. That MMO is still running and even getting new big content patch soon. Check out OrbusVR. It is nice little MMO for VR owners.
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

They're referring to your "DCUO only has 44 players online" comment, not about the other MMO.
  12. Saami Loyal Player

I have never said that DCUO have only 44 players online.
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

That statement is given its own paragraph so it does read like you're referring it to DCUO, even when you didn't mention it by name.

Now that I've read through your posts again, I can only say your case is quite peculiar and might fall out of the general trend of how things work. Unusually high ARPU, unusually incredible dev enthusiasm, or unusually niche market? You did mention it supports VR...
  14. SalviMex Active Player

I would hope not,i've spent over 1000+ dollars on in the course of 8 years this game believe it or not has a lot of meaning to me so lets just hope either daybreak sells dc to a different company that has more money or hire more employees to work on the game.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Me too, I cannot stand STEAM and I refuse to use it. Things running in the background I cannot stand and will not use if they insist on doing so.
    • Like x 1
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

You should read everyone's comments, especially your own. He also never mentioned using steam or how he went about looking actual numbers. You and the other user were making claims from the start.
    • Like x 1
  17. NikoK24 Well-Known Player

Fun fact: DCUO is not available for download on Steam in every country. I live in Denmark, for which reason I am forced to download the game directly from the website. (This is not a problem, in fact, I prefer this). Therefore, I suppose the same could be said for other games.
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I can seem them announcing a graphics/interface update to coincide with the release of the PS5.
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

I wanna see a VR expansion only to see videos of people doing Spin Chops in their living rooms. :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

LOL. Tks, I needed the laugh.