Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Mind if i ask why u think that? Id like to see it become a dps power so thats why im asking.
    • Like x 1
  2. krytine Loyal Player

I know it doesnt. But it would be totally cool if powers had an extra interaction like a damage boost if the right powers were present
  3. Tanuja Level 30

So the stacking of Solace of the Sea intended? or is it bugged?
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd rather not have that, being that so many people switch to whatever they believe is FOTM it'll be hard getting paired with the correct powersets.

For Example: During the AM era the most common powersets you'd notice people would play was Mental, Ice, Earth, and Sorcery. Therefore by your logic, if someone needed a Nature user to give poison for their AOE to do extra DPS they were out of luck.

That Idea would just flop, especially with the playerbase we have.
  5. krytine Loyal Player

U half got it it would be in addition to your own p.i. like 5% more
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Question: Are the number of testers being limited?
    It seems that the download link fails; and Launch also fails.
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Actually, per the census, Earth was in the middle of most used powers. 2 weeks before revamp I checked the census. For players 188 cr with 250 sp Earth only had 7 percent of players. Ice, mental, and sorc were the top 3 though. At percentages of 25, 18, 11. Munitions was a close 4th with 10 percent. Nature, celestial, gadgets, quantum, and fire had more users during the wm era than earth did. At least at relevant CR and SP.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is all I get when I try to click on the link provided by Mepps:
    [IMG]
  9. McShotzz Well-Known Player

purely because riptide. If its a bad dot people would double stack with riptide to compensate and can cause a power issue. If its a strong dot would make it almost mandatory to double stack it in a loadout, also being a power drain and making dps a little less flexible.
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

First impressions, the vfx is nice. The gameplay with it is... "awkward". Most of the combos can be clipped like rage and celestial, but somehow doesn't feel as fluid as them. (No pun intended.) The everything will pull me towards my opponent is annoying. VERY annoying. It's worse than nature in that regard, because you have to deal with combos as well.

Damage wise, for someone who has never tried the powerset until now, it's not bad. I compared it to my gadgets rotation and was only losing by about 2k/s. (11k vs 13k.) Which means if you knew the powerset well, it would be good if not better.

I have to agree with Penryn, Tsunami Strikes might be a little overtuned for a range power.

The one thing I don't like is the power "High Tide". It's absolutely annoying to have a power buff that does really just that. It also feels like the AM activators, like Battle Display was. Is there any way to attach it to an offensive power to start it or make it passive?
    • Like x 1
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I would like to see Drown and Water Spouts get a Healer Role effect.

Like Drown will heal nearby allies and deal damage over time as well as generate your super charge meter. Water Spouts should burst heal 3 members with the lowest health plus yourself (4 total) on cast as well as doing damage on enemies. This gives Water Battle Healers some options.
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

By keeping High Tide separate, it enables you to decide which power you want the buff to apply to. If you attached it to an offensive power, it would have a higher cost and do mediocre damage anyway, attaching it to a healing power would have the same effect, increased cost and mediocre heals. Plus you would always have to run that specific power in your loadout. Not trying to sound snark, just showing the natural conclusion of what would happen.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Drown can't do that because it's the SC generator (they have a very specific set of interactions, stuns, etc.). But love your idea for Water Spouts. I think adding another power would be called for as well with that same battle healing idea. Or actually, wait a minute. They could just make it so that High Tide would have a special interaction with certain DPS powers in healing role. Like using Shark (love that power name ;)) with High Tide in healer role would grant the damage and a HoT or burst heal or whatever. Could be fun, and would give an extra reason for healers to run HT.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Are you trying to download the test server client? There are some videos that make it easier (at least there used to be) if you already have the main game installed on your computer.
  15. EpicGrind Active Player

Please make the Flow combo on Ebb a range Tap instead of Melee. I say this because it is a ranged type move.
    • Like x 3
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They probably did it since it's a pull, but I like your idea better since in most content, let's face it, it's not pulling anything, lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. EpicGrind Active Player

Lets face it the only thing its CCing is enemies in open world/duo enemies, and its not like we don't kill them faster than for the pulling effect of it to be worth anything. So the pulling pretty pointless if you ask me.
  18. EpicGrind Active Player

So after playing around with Riptide, I gotta say that the instantly removing cooldowns should be changed to accelerating the cooldowns OR put Riptide on a longer cooldown. Because knowing this community and some of the players in said community, this power can/will be exploited. Its a great concept for a power and I like it, but I don't think the devs are aware of what the average player is capable of when it comes to abusing powersets/mechanics.

Some might flame me for this, but I'm pointing out a potential problem knowing what I've observed in this community.

Edit: After thinking about it more, Riptide should just have a longer cooldown without changing how it affects the previously casted power's cooldown.
  19. silikyan Well-Known Player

EDIT: my bad understood now was not a bug
  20. EpicGrind Active Player

Going to correct myself and clarify a few things. When I said that Riptide's removing cooldowns could be exploited, I was purely thinking about the damage side of Water, I was not thinking about the healing side of it. I think the healing side should keep the same cooldown, but the damage side of Riptide's Cooldown should be increased.

So keep the Healing cooldown at 12 secs. But increase the damage Cooldown to something like 30 secs.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.