Should i switch from Ice to fire?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by gemii, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Ryan_Ragenolds Active Player

You can jump first and when you are falling, then cast Fireburst. It wont cancel it.
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Good way to practice fire tanking is to pvp a lot and get comfortable with counter-mechanics.
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

This can also lead to a lot of hate messages, so make sure you're prepared :p
    • Like x 2
  4. Saami Loyal Player

Thanks for warning.
    Im talking about pvp in general. Including legends pvp. Dont shoot the messenger.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeaaaaah, but other people may not feel the same when there's another damned-near unkillable Fire Tank in a 4v4... like the people I was fighting a couple nights ago after getting my Fire Tank to 159...
  6. L T Devoted Player

Yeah especially with the Immolation effect. I find it helps to not have an Aura on when playing Fire. One less layer to have to stare through.
  7. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

NO! I tried tanking as fire and in my opinion it's the hardest power to tank with sure it's fun when you do it right but it's fun and easier to tank as ice
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

If you like to challenge yourself, go for it! Fire was my first power and I enjoy it. The dps side do a good amount of damage. And the tank you have the awesome pull power that suck all npc around you. Didn't use fire for a while don't remember the name. But try different powers and you will find the one you enjoy the most.
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

pull all npc around towards you*
    • Like x 2
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fire's actually not as bad as it used to be for tanking end game content, but I have yet to get her into any of the current top-end raids.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

My RED SUN beats ice all day...but then I have played for years...and of course some ice guys have beaten me as well....but on the whole fire can work ...yes...
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, when I started actually building my Fire character instead of using her for spare crap storage, I was really surprised by the approachability and functionality of the power set. It's not Ice, no - there are parallels but to be frank, right now? I enjoy my Fire girl more.

As a DPS she's not as damage forward but demonstrates better survivability (probably because her primary AM activator point is Burning Determination) and as a Tank... I use Low Pressure, so it solves the missing long range group pull issue, but Wildfire is a trick Ice *wishes* it had. You can replace a pull with Low Pressure, there's nothing that replaces that instant 360 vortex pull. And it heals.
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I cannot think of a more boring mindless button mashing sequence power than this games Ice in its present form. I understand Ice gets the job done...no disputing that...my Ice does fine...it's what I play when I'm napping...
    • Like x 1
  14. gemii Dedicated Player

its to bad fireburst doesnt hit as quick as ice's arctic gust it would be a beast power if it could.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Pretty much, and Ice is like that both in its tanking and its DPS side.

I mean, my Mental character : I move around with her a lot, throw in a lot of lunges and there's a lot of back and forth so even though her attack sequence is 'one two three derp', the mechanics surrounding placement and progress through an enemy group are amusing.

With Ice I find a corner to quietly sandblast in, remove X amount of flesh from Y things, and move onto the next group. It's like painting a fence.

With my Fire character it's like 'Wow this can seriously backfire! Whooo it worked! Let's hope it works again!'

And I cry when I DPS with my Electric character. If I have to carry you through a duo with my Electric as the DPS, you suck.
    • Like x 3
  16. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

This is the most succinct yet perfect description of Fire DPSing! :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Zaeg New Player

Yep Fireburst does lack a little behind in term of speed, but this is the little thing that I like about it. Arctic Gust is sustained damage, so in order to do maximum damage, you need to let Arctic Gust complete its full animation. The chance of getting interrupted is quite high. If you successfully pull it off, yes the damage is beast and quick, else you end up doing partial damage or none at all. On the other hand, Fireburst is a burst, you will always end up doing full damage or none at all. This allows more flexibility in some scenarios. If you are getting focused down, it can be tricky to do full damage with Arctic Gust, while with Fireburst, you just need a perfect window to unleash pain, then go back to safety. I'm not trying to bash Ice or anything, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Pret' much...
  19. Zaeg New Player

But then again Arctic Gust's "partial damage" could possibly equal to Fireburst's damage..