Thank you devs for stat clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperNerdGeekOverkill, Dec 20, 2014.

1. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

I think stat clamping in the seasonal is awesome. First of all, the event really is more fun to play like that (despite of course taking longer), but second and more importantly: With everybody (in the same role) having the same stats, it can give you a pretty new picture of your actual skill that non-stat-clamped instances can't.
    • Like x 11
  2. Wildbill0124 New Player

I don't mind it in the seasonal but don't want it to ever come to pve in any capacity. Also have to disagree with you on the skill level comment. Everytime I've pugged it my numbers were terrible bc I done all the present/Lantern carrying bc nobody else seemed interested in doing it. Easier to just do it and let them pew pew, then whining about it
    • Like x 15
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    Why, why, why did we need another thread on this?

That said I'm currently leveling an alt and forgot how much fun I had in some of the low level alerts. They just feel different than the newer content. I'm hoping I can actually go back and run this stuff clamped at some point on my main PvE toon so it's actually a challenge.

If used properly I think it can do great things for the game.
    • Like x 18
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

being easy doesnt make it fun
    • Like x 2
  5. Seth Grey New Player

This is a good thing but this has to be where it stops. Any further and you're going to break the game for advanced players.
    • Like x 7
  6. Wildbill0124 New Player

Didn't say it was fun but neither is whining lol. Just wanna get my leaves and get out when I pug. When I do league runs or am with a decent group going after overload feat it's actually enjoyable to an extent.
  7. Wildbill0124 New Player

If you want to be clamped, remove gear until you are at level.
    • Like x 14
  8. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

As far as I have seen, there have only been stat clamping complaint threads. If you read my OP, this is not a stat clamping complaint thread.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Key word 'optional'. Everything about stat clamping hinges on that. That aside, it's been an interesting thing, running an alert where the lovely little lady's not killing things in two hits.
    • Like x 4
  10. Collector New Player

Someones clueless..... Stat clamping is NOT good, keep it in PvP or Legends or where ever, but keep it out of any and all PVE!!!!

Listen obviously you are thinking of yourself, and I am sorry but it in no way shows the more skill, example....well I have been top dps in every event I have run<-----see how I turned it around there, lol but seriously it doesn't... What it does do is makes my load out pointless, and any WM combo or any trinket or any AM.....you see it clamps stats....and it hard clamps them, so anyone who plays by buffing up first or setting up WM combos or AM's or uses their trinkets <-------------ALL POINTLESS, you get 0...the stats are CLAMPED they get 0, nothing nadda.......so you are saying that players who actually use the tools in the game to raise their stats to raise damage/healing/survival ALL don't know how to play huh! ....yeah ok bud.... you want stat clamping go play a game with NO stats....then you will always be the same as everyone else.
    • Like x 7
  11. Zpred Dedicated Player

I'm 50/50 on this, i don't mind so much in the seasonals, however me personally, I wouldn't want this in all PVE instances, I've been there done that a god zillion times and know the challenge it brought back then, I don't want to to gear to make my toon powerful to then be decreased in content that I mastered a long time ago, sort of defeats the point of tier progression imo.

Saying this, I do understand for the new guys that want to play the content how it should and see what it has to offer instead of being completed in 3-5 mins, and also for the those who enjoy stat clamping.

The thing is we have to come to a agreement that pleases both parties, the solution, that has been mentioned many times and even the Dev's have said they are looking into it is, a base teleport/force instance que that allows a person/party to go in as they are an do what they enjoy best, and then you could have the normal random que system that could possibly have the stat clamping for those who prefer this.
  12. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I disagree with the OP 1,000%!!! I’m not looking for a “challenge” from a seasonal event and I’ve had to ask to be excused from and disband more instances than EVER before.

It had made the solo queuing experience more troublesome than it should be, especially when you factor in that this is a SEASONAL event!!!

I have even queued into instances that have run times of well over 30 minutes!!!

In the end, there are too many idiots who don’t listen, refuse to participate or just outright suck to be dealing with needless game mechanics by the devs and I can only imagine how the SUMMER seasonal event is going to go if this is implemented there.

If the devs want to keep stat clamping then they NEED to give players the FREE option to skip the event and still accumulate the necessary seasonal marks in a timely manner.
    • Like x 5
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Even my Supply-Drop 5 in there is downgraded to 2 only.
    It costs more than 18k marks, NOT cool! :mad:
    • Like x 9
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

Stat clamping is very good the game needs it now
    • Like x 7
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Love stat clamping. Love it. Hope they bring it as an option in pve. Full prestige for clamped runs! (I hope)
    • Like x 4
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Stat clamping is the worse. I ran the event one time, 1 player was afk the entire time, and the other 2 did 0 objectives. The events
    not worth my time anymore. Hope this was a failed experiment
    • Like x 5
  17. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I was watching the source cast last night and they were talking about a player returning to the game after two years and they were taking them through Nexus and just stomping everything.

I would love for some players who came to game late to get a true sense of the bat cave raids, the fos raids, prime battlegrounds at appropriate cr, and all of orgin crisis in all its merciless glory.

New players will actually arrive at endgame with an idea of how the game mechanics
    • Like x 7
  18. the solowing Unwavering Player

just about done on what im doing give me about 10 minutes
  19. Cable Committed Player

The key word here is "option." I would also enjoy having stat clamped instances for greater rewards but only as an OPTION and not mandatory in any capacity.
    • Like x 11
  20. MARK2099 New Player

To make it simple, a game based on gear progression need to make the progression worthless, then why play end game content? should be optional for those who think reduce their stats make easy content a challenge lol.

Is so easy unequipped the entire set if players feel op in seasonal, but no they have to drag others in their ...
    • Like x 4