New season of pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Rich Homie Quan, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Um, Rotations are orders you, you use your powers. If one of the power is nerfed you either have to modify it and change it or switch it out for something else.
  2. Lantern Doomblade New Player

But I don't want to get this thread locked. You spoke your piece. I spoke mine. We disagree. The Devs will do what they want anyways but send me a message if you wanna discuss more.
  3. Grumpy Dedicated Player

They get to use their SP in open world and PvE, thats enough. I'm sure anyone who has been playing for years will be able to stand his ground against T1's without having to 1 shot them. If they were mostly winning thanks to their gear and SP.. well, good luck to "them" in the future.
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Never said that. Look up the definition on tedious plz.
  5. Lantern Doomblade New Player

All I'm going to say is I disagree and send me a private message if you wanna discuss more. I'm done with this topic now though.
  6. Lantern Doomblade New Player

And what server are you guys on?
  7. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Thought I'd reply to both. Just a disclaimer I'm not saying this cause I got 190+ SP, I just like completing stuff (bit of an OCD if wanna call it haha) I got almost all trophies too which is absolutely pointless lol xD Also I'm not that big a fan of PVE, I find it tedious.

Now to the point, there are two sides to the argument here:

1) Make everything the same and that grinding stuff that has nothing to do with one and other should not give you an advantage

2) Why should someone who has just been playing over a week be at the same level as me? I spent time building my character

In essence both are vaild, this is an MMO and progression has many different meanings for everyone. For the first argument I agree that in order to have a competitive environment there has to be as many controlled variables as possible, however if you make everything the same its just like a type Street Fighter game. For the second argument I agree that in MMOs you get out what you put in, the more time spent the better you will be, that being said you want to give new players the chance without squashing them just because your stats are better and I'm glad something is being done about that.

Now this is my personal opinion but an overall or complete player in my eyes is someone who is both accomplished in PVE and PVP in all roles and has the capacity to adapt to any situation. Knows how to give advice and is always open to suggestions.

I think you should be able to use your toon in all aspects of the game and you shouldn't have anything you earned taken off from you. Earned has many different meanings as well.

You guys are only looking at it from the PVP perspective, but you could say the same thing about feats for competitive PVE players (yep there are a few of those).. how does create/salvaging and gathering 25k exos have anything to do with PVE? What does exploring the map have anything to do with giving players more stats? You know what, it doesn't.. feats are there to complete them and get a reward so to speak when you do. Gear and SP will be the way to progress in this game for the moment, not that I think the system is perfect by any means (I still think the stats are getting way out of hand but thats for another topic)

Btw I am fully on board with what they are doing with Arenas now with the entry barrier and no HT affecting combat mechanics

This will be a "we will have to agree to disagree" type of conversation. Hope what I wrote is clear, I did just wake up xD
    • Like x 1
  8. Ancient nemesis New Player

9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I agree WM should be toned down, but WM can be dealt with through blocks and interrupts. HT mods remove counter mechanics from the game and grant powerful buffs to the user without any risk. I never justified WM.
    In my opinion HT made this game worse then WM did.
  10. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Most 'T1' players as you call them are going to get smashed by more experienced players either way (gear notwithstanding) not only as a result of having played more, but because they've acquired more skill points too. Your continual effort to make this conversation about giving T1/new players a fighting chance against better geared/more experienced players is a good one but your solution is misguided (ie, make gear more balanced); what we need is a better way to ensure similarly geared players are matched up against each other more often. You do that by restricting lobbies to PVP gear of a certain CR level. The only issue would be worrying that experienced players would refuse to gear up and stay in lower level lobbies for easy wins (don't underestimate the PVP community - many would do this), so the incentive to gear up would have to outweigh the easy wins in lower leveled lobbies (more marks per victory, more feat points for new styles, etc.).
    • Like x 1
  11. Ancient nemesis New Player

What bothers me more is the fact that, some top pvper, are really bias in their opinions.
    A lot of you are looking at this as a 1v1/2v2 standpoint. Also you guys seem only too look at it from a DPS standpoint also
    Now before I continue I genuinely like majority of the changes here. So by no mean am I upset with the changes besides the role specific debuff( good riddens movement mode crap)
    My concern is this is gonna kill the other roles especially healers. From what I'm getting health is 22-26k. Now as a healer I feel that's reasonable health to maintain. But with a 65% to 25% reduction on healing out I think that's a issue. Factor in healer based gear being removed and affinity bonuses gone I feel like what's the sense of having a healer when in his place I could have a damage dealer. Now I know a few will say it will help to sustain but do you honestly feel that keeping a water down healer will out weight the potential damage of a DPS+wm?

I like to see your thoughts guys try your vest not to be bias for example blink I know mostly do legends and roles aren't as important so try looking at it from a PvP perspective rather than a DPS or healer or Catwoman perspective
  12. Ancient nemesis New Player

Read above
  13. junglejim New Player

All my posting on this subject is from a 4s and 5s perspective. Full group pvp. I get you're concern but if you are pvping against a group with a decent troll youll spend alot of time debuffed. In that case youll have no heal bonus. Just like on live atm when debuffed. You wont notice a difference in that respect and youll start off with 5.5k resto before speccing and modding to offset the loss. Atm in my eyes it looks like alot of survivability with toughness health resto and vit. With debuff removal I can only see armour piercing like pve tanks and increased power costs bringing this fast paced action they speak of
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I am a PvP fire tank. The reason I play cat is due to the counter punishment plus that was one of the only characters that could be used to deal with prenerf-atro, supergirl and lex luthor.
  15. Ancient nemesis New Player

Lmao blink I'm not hating on you using cat and I wasn't targeting you in particular I just used you as a example because I play you regularly.
    Lol Catwoman is least of my worries bud.
  16. Ancient nemesis New Player

I just wanted your take...read above bud
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Do you not know how the forums work?
    I cannot see the future and read the post you made after I made my post.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hussler New Player

REMOVEL OF ALL TYPES MODS AND HOMETURF SHOULD BE THE ONLY THING GONE FROM PVP ARENAS. NEW SEASON
  19. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Not all mods, PvP mods should stay. But i agree with this. HT should be the only thing removed. This thread needs to be locked cause the things said have just grew insane.... "Remove Sp from PvP" i doubled over at this. Just absurd. These guys want arena to be Legends Sooooooo bad. Just killing it for in game pvpers. You know we laugh at a person that says scrim then queue up for legend. Just a fun fact There. Tells me that that person isn't confident in his own toon and should not be welcomed any say so in arena's pvp future.

Oh another fun fact about. Joker and Two face summon HENCEMEN. Dr face and his warders.... Circe clone and beastimorph.... Not sure if there are more...
  20. Sore Steadfast Player