W.I.P. Combat Balance - Jump Canceling Solutions

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Actually I "liked" a couple of yours and Vinny's posts! :)

But I did "dislike" the ones I felt were not well argued and that contained erroneous and ad-hom approaches.

You're a smart person, and I do enjoy reading your posts in the other portions of the forums. But here and now, I feel that given the propensity for many of your supporters to mass-downvote anyone that presents actual debates that address the JC issues at hand, that I was left with little choice but to match downvotes for the posts that I actually felt were misinformative or based on emotive arguments and not fact.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Hornet New Player

It was an argument we never had, actually. They just jumped on one day and said, "we're doing this, suck it." And now Spytle's throwing around numbers out-of-context and calling powersets out-of-whack and people are picking it up and asininely saying that HL does 2.5 times more damage than other powers. When, in all actuality, the mechanic as is, is not at all game breaking, or necessary for most players/powers.

This whole CF was booted from jump street. It's a joke.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dianna WD New Player

I said the numbers of the HL and their dmgs with Jump Clip off, jump at 0.5 and jump clip at 0.1(my idea)... Now, I will throw the numbers for Rage dps without Jump Clip, with jump at 0.5 and jump clip at 0.1.

Spytle throwed a random number like this "HL does 2.5 times more dmg"... I'm not Spytle.

They believe this game will be more balanced after the Jump Clip nerf... A joke, in my opinion. The Devs never wanted this game balanced. That's the reason some revamps was OP, and others was crap(Like the Fire one).
    • Like x 2
  4. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Game breaking does not mean it makes 1 power game breaking, it means it breaks standard game rules. They are fixing it, it is time to stop complaining and figure out how you want it to be changed. They will also be adjusting animations and damage of all powers in order to balance them. The issue with JC and balance is that it is impossible to balance a game with JC in place because it works around base game mechanics, it is a loophole. Either way though, you are right, they said "we're doing this.", it is their game, we're playing it, accept it or leave. If you choose to accept it, keep up with the information coming out about it, and provide good feedback in order to keep your favorite power competitive. But honestly, to me the argument is like a kid kicking and screaming because his parents told him "No, you can't have that candy."
    • Like x 2
  5. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

The devs never said the game will be more balanced without jump clipping. They said that they will be able to balance the game without jump clipping. It is almost impossible to balance the game with a mechanic that works around core game mechanics. It would be like watching a race where certain people were allowed to take a shortcut but others were not. So you are all saying instead of getting rid of the shortcut, beef up the other car's engines, rather than take it out, then balance them all out.
    • Like x 4
  6. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I feel for your situation Dianna, but it's a moot point.

The issue has been decided. The Devs had stated JC will be slowed down and why this must be so.

The only productive thing to do is to really take a long hard look here and find what the actual dovetail window is that will bring down the math that Spytle and Tunso have referenced. It doesn't matter if you agree with their math or not, because their math is the math that will make the final and defining decision. Small token numbers like .1 or .2 will not work or be found acceptable.

There have been some people here in this thread who have decided to attack the decision of the Devs, to dismiss the information presented by both Spytle and Tunso, and to continue to make attacks on anyone that disagrees with their position. This is NOT productive. We are not your enemies. What everyone needs to realize here is that change IS coming, and that the best option you have to make an impact on that change is to dig deep and come up with a fair proposal, not a token gesture.

This is a situation that demands the kind of compromise of "one side divides the loot, the other side picks", the kind of compromise that each side equally grits their teeth at and has to endure for the greater good. No one is going to be joyous or 100% satisfied with the changes. But that's what defines 'fair' as opposed to one-sided arbitrations.
    • Like x 4
  7. The Hornet New Player

If the reason given for not having candy is a stupid reason, the kid has every right to point to the reason and say, "that's a stupid reason."

Further, the kid financially supports mom and dad in this instance.
    • Like x 2
  8. TrueOlympus New Player

This is a SUPER important distinction.
    This is what some people don't realize.
    • Like x 5
  9. terrowshade12 New Player

Look guys at this point this just a witch hunt on jump clipping. Devs dont care we love this feature or that we will leave becuase of it. Were hear fighting for something we like while being trolled by poeple that dont, not becuase there set cant do it or it cant be balnced in another way. This the only game ive ever played were stuff becomes a exploit whenever it suits the devs. In vidieo of new powers devs comment on powers being good for jcing and now it not intented really. Ive played for 3 years and it sad it comes down to being pushed away by nerfs. Good luck in the fight guys im done for ever. Cya nerf universe its been fun.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dianna WD New Player

I'm going to do the same... Just bored and tired of it. Always nerfs and more nerfs without enough results.
    • Like x 4
  11. 19jupiter85 New Player

weapon power up cancelling ! this would make clipping for new players much easier , this would also make power and weapon attacks more seamless witch would make the combat more fun and much faster , and if you add roll cancel also that would give you a dodge.stemless fights !
  12. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Awesome. Now the rest of us can enjoy a better game in peace.
    • Like x 2
  13. Zim New Player

Nice find.
    • Like x 3
  14. Dianna WD New Player

Thinking the same... They are just nerfing the current stuff to sell the new stuff.

Thanks for your nice find! :)
    • Like x 6
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

I would agree if the Devs said that the feature WASN'T intended. They literally said Its intended yet slightly out of control. Its not a change of heart imo. If they were trying to remove it then I would agree as well. They didn't change or contradict any previous statements.
    • Like x 2
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So from the way the feedback looks 6 people hate jump canceling and want it gone and the rest support it and can live with a tiny .1 .3 or even .5 sec delay on it.
    • Like x 1
  17. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Wait isn't that the only option on the table? I fully support keeping JC and adding the slight delay\dovetail. I don't think Spytle ever said they were considering outright removing JC from the game.
    • Like x 2
  18. Psianide Active Player

The cynic in me cant help sensing that some people are upset that the jump-clip delay will mess up their G-key timings... :eek:
    • Like x 1
  19. Dirty Fred New Player

UPS!!

Well guess Jump Cancel where still totally okey when they recorded this or something?

I so gonna enjoy the response to this one, hehe!
    (Ogat your my hero now)
    • Like x 3
  20. Psianide Active Player

Once again... There was mo mistake or slip-up, because they have not said jump-cancelling is being removed, just adjusted to not completely remove a powers animation. So sure, plasma is a power thats nice to jump cancel, and still will be after the changes. No mistake, no faux-pas.

But, you dont want to hear that, so I'm sure it'll be in one ear and out the other.

Edit - and theres the thumbs-down from Fred... Fingers in ears, lalala I can't hear you lalala...
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.