I can't take the lag anymore...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Relax18, Jul 8, 2013.

1. WorldsDown New Player

Yep... mine is set to expire on July 25th. Might just start saving $10 a month, and start putting that towards my PS4 fund.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Did anyone experience the type of lag described in this video below - where the game seems to "lag out" for several seconds - specifically yesterday, last night, or this morning? Please let us know with exact time if possible!

3. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

This is actually a totally different issue. In this case your client is slow in loading up assets which has nothing to do with your internet connection and more to do with fragmentation on your hard drive (I assume you are on the PS3). In this case you may be helped by this. This is not a silver bullet but it will try to arrange your files more efficiently on your drive.

DeadMeat
  4. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

At this point we think the wider spread problem is due to internet infrastructure on the backbones in Las Vegas where our US data center is located. Folks should always be checking their own connections when they see network issues as well and nothing we can do on our end can impact if you are having connection issues with your local network or your ISP.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 2
  5. Corrupted Ertai New Player

Last night it occured on and off for several hours for me and a few other leading to 3 disconnects just on my machine. League was running Nexus back to back between 8 P.M. and 11:00 P.M. CST. It was much more frequent in the boss fight that included 1 or more Batman characters than it was in the ambush fight or the split or hallway fights. One of our members had to just stop running because he would be fine for hours running anything else he said, and then 3 minutes into Nexus he would be time skipping for a bit then just DC over and over.

Right about 10:15 was the worst of it. some member of the groups characters were actually disappearing. they weren't removed and we could still see their damage animations, we just couldn't see their actual character. It felt like we were inside Oolong back in January.
  6. AlTheButcher New Player

View post #134, gave several examples yesterday of this exact "lag out" experiece. With times, locations, and circumstances.
  7. ORZ New Player

I sent in a ticket yesterday for the insane time I had with lag, disconnects, chat dropping, etc.
    From 10PM EST 07/15 - 4AM EST 07/16 I just ran two instances Family and Nexus on my villain BROKEN ORZ USPS3.
    I joined an instance that was at the third boss of Nexus, it took over 3 hours from when I joined to complete the raid, which I did even with all the bull crap. I saw Ninja Batman die and the tank hit the artifact (Banes Venom which I also needed for feat), but right as loot dropped I could not see it and I disconnected did not get credit for the last boss. I was running in my off role DPS and found out later 87 DPS waist and 86 DPS chest dropped. GMs basically said too bad, your not loot locked from the final encounter you have to run the instance again, and to lower your visual settings and basically some other template responses.
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Mepps,

Happened to me yesterday in the CC section of FAM or BiA (I still always get them confused). The one where you need to lift the crates....

Fought a bunch of CC adds, it was happening, went to pick up a crate and my guy was just stuck doing the lift animation over and over, then disconnect screen. I didn't lose PSN connection, just back to the DCUO loading screens after hitting "x". After two loading screens instead of seeing the toon select I got the dc timed out screen again, and after that it loaded fine.

After the reload in that part of the instance it seemed smoother but what you saw in the video was still happening last night.

It was 9:30 pm CST for me when that occurred.
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Well good thing that's where SOE Live will be... Send Jens over there to rough some people up.... LOL
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

i had horribly lag in nexus, not last night cuz i didn't go in, but 2 nights ago around 10pm central. uspc server
  11. Corrupted Ertai New Player

Jens? Nah. I own a plane ticket AND a baseball bat. Why let him have all the fun?
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

I did, around 11:30 pm last night EDT doing a solo mission.
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Thanks for the response. I have checked every possible internet connectivity issue on my end from ports and DNS to changing cables out. If there is any call that the player base can make to expediate the process of getting focus on a fix please let us know. Everyone here, reddit, and heck I'll call my state representative (I know they can't do anything but I'll complain to them anyway) will be rallied up to get this thing resolved.
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

That's just the way it always is. A couple of SoE employees go out to Vegas a few weeks early to start setting up for SOE Live, they have a few drinks, then someone spills vodka all over the infrastructure backbones... :)

Thanks for the update!
    • Like x 2
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

They lost a hand of poker and the phases were in the pot to cover the bet..... LOL
  16. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

Yes this morning at around 9:45 am est USPC in the Oan Sciencells alert
  17. Nightwish Well-Known Player

Yes, around 11pm est when I decided to give a legend pvp match a go. It lagged out, then it fixed itself seconds later. When it happen a second time in the same match, it stayed that way until the game booted me off to the disconnected screen.
  18. Warlan New Player

How about relocating your data centers to a more central location in the USA so that...you know...the east coasters aren't at such a disadvantage.
  19. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

The speed of light (length of fiber) is not really the issue for latency usually. It is the hops through all of the switches and the load at the switch that really sets your ping. Las Vegas has one of the most developed internet infrastructures in the country. Proximity to Vegas, beyond the free drinks, does not really help much.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 3
  20. Warlan New Player

Yes, but the further the distance, generally the more hops.

Ping to LA CA is 65ms, Ping to Seattle is 78ms, ping to San Fran is 70ms.

Ping to Louisville 24ms, Austin 78ms.

Ping to D.C. 4ms, Ping to NYC 5ms. Can you guess where I live? ;)

I also pinged Tampa and Richmond and had sub 50.

Ping to Las Vegas is 140ms.

Las Vegas was by far the worst ping so may be something local to that area.

FWIW I'm on a wicked fast connection at the moment. I get 48Mbps down and 10 up for the Las Vegas site (Switch Com.) which is low for me. I get 300Mbps up and 600Mbps down to the Los Angeles site (SingTel).

So proximity does matter in this case because the amount of hops increases in most cases with distance. To say otherwise is utter hogwash.
    • Like x 1