Transfer of Accounts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by skilstopaybils, Apr 29, 2016.

1. skilstopaybils New Player

Hello new community. Glad DC universe online finally made it to the Xbox!

Is it possible to transfer accounts from the PS3 version to Xbox one? I am a veteran of the game on that platform but no longer have the console having brought an Xbox one. Would be superb if possible.
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Nope.

we can't transfer accounts between platforms or regions.
  3. skilstopaybils New Player

That sucks. Thanks for the reply though
  4. DarkMartQC New Player

I also played the PS3 version. I don't have a PS4 and everything is so slow and laggy on PS3 now. Sometimes, it's just not playable.

Now the XBox One version is Online, that can be a chance to play with a fluid gameplay. But no, i can't transfer anything. And no, I won't buy anything 2 times. I already paid for it, so i just want to use it. Simple as that. There is a chance to get old players back, but DCUO just missed it.

The best example is Grand Theft Auto 5. You can transfer your characters only one time, from an old gen platform to a current gen platform.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Your game account on the PS is tied to your PSN account, making it impossible to transfer to xbox1. There's nothing Daybreak can do about it. Grand Theft Auto is a terrible comparison, because your rockstar account is tied to rockstar, and not the PSN OR XBL. Apples and oranges.
  6. DarkMartQC New Player

As a developer myself, i'm not sure that all our stock of GTA is tied to Rockstar, but i can be wrong on this one. I don't work for Rockstar at all. You buy your stuff with the system of XBox Live and PSN, so i don't think everything is tied to Rcokstar like that. It's probably the reason why you can't transfer from a current gen to a current gen platform with GTA5 and also the reason why you can transfer only one time. They probably have agreement with Sony and Microsoft for this one.
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I should have been more specific. What I mean is, your DBG account to play on DCUO on the PS3 or PS4 literally IS your PSN account. I'm assuming the same is true for XBOX1. Your rockstar account, while it may be attached to your PSN or XBL account, also exists independently with Rockstar, which is why (at least last time I looked, which is admittedly a while ago) you could see both xbox and PS achievements on the same rockstar social club account.

I'm not really trying to argue whether we should or shouldn't be able to transfer accounts. Sure it'd be cool. My point is, for once at least, this isn't DBG fault.
  8. DarkMartQC New Player

If, at least, old players can have discount on things that they already purchased on other platforms. That can motivate to come back on XBox One...
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

The only motivation I needed was the fresh start being on a "virgin" server afforded. The race is a lot more fun if you don't start 5 years behind, you know?
    • Like x 1
  10. DarthJafo Committed Player

Will there ever be a time when this stupid question isn't being asked?? This is..the eighth one today

Transferring CR 160 200 sp characters to the new platform would the utmost dumbest thing ever allowed
  11. DarkMartQC New Player

I agree with that. If there is any plan for crossplay, i think we should have 2 or 3 months without crossplay before it's effective.

When I talk about discount on things we already purchased, i talk about things we already purchased with real money.
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

I get that. I do. I have plenty of stuff I would be leaving behind over on PC - armories, auras, teleporter, etc that I bought on the cash shop - if I make the jump to XB1 permanently. The thought of playing in an as-yet unspoiled environment is what makes the sacrifice worth it. Well, once they get the servers sorted out it will be worth it.

The only form of crossplay I am in favor of is if they could release a Win10 client that uses your XBLive credentials to log in so we could play on a Win10/XB1 shared server. There is MS support for the system via the XBox app. That way, I wouldn't have to push my kids out of my recliner to use the console to play.
  13. themoldysausage New Player

why don't they just put them all through daybreak accounts? that's a pretty universal thing
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Because that's how PSN wanted it at the time DCUO was made.

Basically PSN owns the accounts made on their systems and as such gains more benefits from it. The actual makeup of that benefit I don't know but PSN likes it.

Oh and before you make the usual response. It doesn't matter how it's done at other games, this is how it was done here at DCUO.